Edam Museum is run entirely by enthusiastic volunteers. The board members, consisting of 7 members, and approximately 60 other volunteers work together to carry out the tasks required to run the organisation. More than 40 volunteers work as receptionists. In addition, there are groups with separate tasks such as:
- Security management
- Collection management
- Project specific activities
- Exhibition design and implementation
- Assistance with transport
- Garden maintenance
Edam Museum is a cultural Institution for Public Benefit (ANBI).
The Museum Standard forms the quality framework for registered museums in the Netherlands. The standard consists of a number of criteria, such as a Governance Code and an Ethical Code. Edam Museum meets this standard and is therefore a recognized museum.
Policy plan & Annual report
For the policy plan and annual reports in Dutch, click here.
- VVV: Edams Museum and VVV consult regularly
- Culture Platform: The Edams Museum is part of the Culture Platform Edam-Volendam
- Network ZZC: The Network ZuiderzeeCollection comprises of more than 20 museums and related organizations that aim to preserve the culture of the Zuiderzee. The participants, including Edam Museum, are based around the IJsselmeer.